I’m back today with one more challenge card to finish out my week.
I combined three challenges for this one:
- SCS Color Challenge 619: Tempting Turquoise, Wild Honey and Rich Razzleberry.
- Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge was Anything Goes with a focus on Carabelle Studio products. I had this cool wood BD stamp from Carabelle Studio
- Freshly Made Sketches #272
I used Copic markers to color the images which are (MFT’s I’m Owl Yours (and coordinating dienamics). I added other MFT dienamics (Clouds and Scribbles) to finish off my little scene.
Thanks for looking. Have a super week.
I’m back with a few more challenge cards for the week. First up is this adorable valentine card I made for a friend.
I used MFT’s Adorable Elephants (emphasis on adorable) stamps and coordinating dienamics. The stenciled background was made by diecutting a background piece but then using it as a stencil. In this case I used MFT’s Hugs & Kisses Cover-up Dienamic to create a background of little x’s and o’s. I colored the elephant cuties with Copic markers and popped some up with foam tape on little oval shadows. I used this week’s MFT sketch (MFTWSC317) as inspiration for the layout.
I combined this week’s Color Throwdown with two challenges from SCS to create this cute card:
I masked some of the little critters from Avery Elle’s Band Camp set to create this parade of animals. Normally, I would have colored them more vibrantly but I was trying to stick to the pastel colors of the color challenge. I colored the image with Copic markers and popped up the panel using craft foam. Used a Swiss Dot stencil to create a soft background. Here are the challenges I incorporated into this card:
- Teapot Tuesday called uplifting music, music notes, etc. These little critters sure look like they’re putting out some sweet sounds.
- SCS Ways to Use It challenge this week called for a nod to Australian friends down under. Surely you;d find kangaroos and crocodiles in Australia although I doubt they’d be as nice as these cuties here.
- Soft pastel colors were the colors for Color Throwdown’s challenge #427. It was a challenge for me to do soft coloring using pastel colors – I’m usually all about the bold, bright hues.
My last card for today uses the stinkin cute yet’s from MFT’s Beast Friends. I colored the images with Copic markers then cut them out using the coordinating dienamics. For the background I used an ink blending tool with dye ink (Blueberry, Tropical Teal, Spearmint) and added a few water droplets. The panel was cut using MFT’s Stitched Basic Edges Dienamics. I cut an additional edge in Tropical Teal cardstock to add a thin border. The sentiment is from MFT’s Cozy Greetings stamp set and was embossed with ZING! embossing powder (Charcoal opaque).
I was able to combine three more challenges for this card:
- SCS Friday Free For All challenge called for cuddly/snuggly things. Now normally I’d think a Yeti or Abominable Snowman might be mean or try to bite – am I right? Definitely not so snuggly. BUT these little guys, on the other hand, are totally cuddly and snuggly. They sure look cozy with a scarf and hot cocoa.
- The second challenge I incorporated was SCS Mix-Ability challenge which was Brr Make it Frosty. Yeti’s are typically found in the snowy regions, aren’t they? And, they must be chilly; afterall, he’s wearing a scarf.
- Lastly, I used the color combination from MFT’s Color Challenge which is Gravel Gray, Blueberry, Spearmint, and Tropical Teal.
Thanks for looking!
1. Card Challenges
2. Scrapbook layouts
I’ve decided this year that I’m going to try to participate in some online card challenges. In the past, I’ve completed a few here and there but I work full time and don’t always have the time (or energy) to create after work. Then, I was putting pressure on myself to get them posted on the same day. But, by the time I take care of the pets, go for a walk, make dinner, clean up from dinner, spend time with my family, etc. I end up being too pooped to get creative. The weekends are my time to craft. When it’s chilly outside and the boys are preoccupied with football I spend all day (guilt free) in my craft studio. I keep track of the challenges posted during the week, come up with my ideas, combining challenges where I can, and I’ll post them on the weekend.
I’m also going to try hard to complete a couple of scrapbook pages each month. I started out as a scrapbooker years ago even before I got into stamping. Once I started getting more into stamps and cardmaking, my scrapbooking fell by the wayside. As a result, I’ve got lots of albums, paper and embellishments that have been piling up. Not to mention, the years worth of photos that I printed with the intention of scrapbooking them. Seeing I’ve only got a couple of days left in January, I may have to actually start in February (or challenge myself to do at least one layout tomorrow). We’ll see how that goes.
Meanwhile, here’s my first card…I made it with the intention of sending it to my almost 8-year old niece for Valentine’s Day. She loves rainbows.
I used MFT’s Magical Unicorns Stamps and matching dies. The background is stenciled using Distress Ink (Festive Berries, More Mustard, Salty Ocean) and I colored the unicorns with Copic Markers. All the pieces were diecut and arranged on the panel. This card, made by Lynn Put: The Queen’s Scene gave me the idea to create the rainbow background:
Lynn’s cards are awesome – she’s super talented. I just love so many of her creations. After seeing some of Lynn’s photos and blog posts, I’ve decided mine look like ass so that may be the next thing I work on. I used to have a light box that I used for my photos but the cat jumped through it and broke it. I’ll save that story for another time. Anyway, I’m entering the rainbow unicorns in this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Spread Your Wings.
Thanks for stopping by…I’ve got a few more challenge card to post so I’ll be back with more!
I didn’t realize it had been so long since I posted. I took a break during the holidays to absorb the festivities, travel, and just unwind. I finally made it back into my craft room and have been working on some Valentine cards. I’m starting off with a card I made using new MFT stamps and dies called I’m Owl Yours.
I paired it with a sentiment from an older MFT Pure Innocence mini called Owl Costume. I followed MFT Sketch #316 and decided to play along in Splitcoast Stsampers’ weekly Color Challenge 618.
I’m going to try to participate in more challenges this year. AND I’m going to be more diligent with my blog and get on a regular schedule. I worked so hard to get it up and running so I owe it to myself to keep it active. Happy New Year!